VICTORY DAY CELEBRATIONS
50 YEARS OF BANGLADESHI INDEPENDENCE, 1971-2021
Limited spaces available!
Don’t miss out on this amazing opportunity for the whole family to get involved in creative workshops to celebrate Bangladesh Victory Day and learn about staying healthy!
We are working in partnership with Birmingham City Council to offer a programme of workshops exploring healthy lifestyles through the arts.
Commemorate Bangladesh Victory Day
- Workshops start in October and end with a celebration event around 16th December
- This programme is open to the Bangladeshi community in Lozells and surrounding areas such as Handsworth, Aston, Newtown and Hockley
- Participants from other nationalities within the local community can help to deliver workshops and subsequently assist at the celebration event
- Workshops will take place in the Lozells/Aston/Handsworth area
- Workshops will lead to a celebration event
- Invite your friends and family
- Workshops are fully funded so free for you to join
- Workshop spaces offered to those who can commit (first come, first served)
- No previous artistic experience is necessary – just bring your enthusiasm!
What the Bangladesh Victory Day project offers
- Fun, creative workshops
- Free art materials and refreshments
- Plan a celebration of Bangladesh Victory Day
- Invite friends and family to see your artwork
- Workshops to the value of £180 per child
- Eligible children will get a fully funded Arts Award
- Explore storytelling with shadow puppets
- Public exhibition of your art
Other Ways to Celebrate Bangladesh Victory Day with us
If you can’t commit to the workshops but still want to take part in the project, keep reading!
- Join in the Victory Day celebrations
- Try traditional Bangladeshi food
- Get involved with the community
- Help to deliver workshops
- Feel good while doing good
Register your interest in the Bangladesh Victory Day project!
We are holding a Zoom workshop on 7th October from 6:00-6:45pm where we will share more details about the project.
During the workshop we will discuss:
- What you can expect from the workshops
- The long-term benefits of participating in arts activities
- Volunteering opportunities
Come and talk to us to learn more about the project! Signing up to this workshop does not mean that you have to commit to the workshops yet.
Register your interest below
About Art at the Heart
We empower young people to smash through glass ceilings. Talent is everywhere, but opportunity is not. Every child has the right to benefit from an arts rich education. All children deserve to get their best start in life to maximise opportunities for success. We make art accessible through tailored, free projects and regular art classes.
We help young people to dream big, own their identity and ideas, encouraging the youth of today to become the change makers of tomorrow. Our Bangladesh Victory Day project is part of our mission to bring art and its wellbeing and health benefits to your family.
Covid-19 safety measures
To keep the workshops as safe as possible, we are following Birmingham City Council guidance on Covid-19 safety. We have outlined our safety measures below. These remain subject to change as the situation evolves.
- Limited spaces available at workshops to avoid overcrowding
- During workshops, we encourage participants to wear masks where possible
- Art at the Heart CIC team members will take regular rapid flow tests, and we encourage participants to do the same if possible
- Additionally, we will provide hand sanitiser
- If you are displaying Covid-19 symptoms, do a test and wait for the outcome before attending any further workshops
This photo was taken in 2019 (pe-Covid)